Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Say It With Flowers Thankyou Card


I don’t get much time for card making so when I do I tend to concentrate on the next few birthdays coming up, but it’s always useful to have a few other cards available should I need them, whether that’s thank you or congratulations or get well soon. Here’s a thank you card I made, using a pack of transfer stickers. Remember those from when you were a kid? You turn the image over, place it on paper – or in my case, the chest of drawers in your bedroom, which was covered with Disney transfers – and rub the back until the image comes through. I did that with these poppy pictures and decided they would look best on a tall, thin card.
 
I wanted to bookend the card with a border along the top and bottom so used washi tape that I think I picked up once in Ikea. In retrospect the pink clashes a bit with the red but then sometimes it’s nice to deliberately clash for a stand out effect. Finally I added a ‘thank you’ outline sticker at the bottom.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment