Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Bacon and Cheese Omelette for Beginners


Can you believe I've never made an omelette before? I don't actually like eating them and it had never really occurred to me to make one, until I was trying to think of something to make my husband for lunch that wasn't a bacon sandwich! I had used several egg yolks in making this chocolate ice cream and couldn't decide what to do with the egg whites as I didn't fancy making meringue. I realised that I could make an egg white omelette - I added an extra egg with the yolk for a bit more colour.


Given I had to google how to make an omelette, I can't be the only person out there who doesn't know how to make one, right? So here's what you do:

Mix the eggs in a bowl with a fork. I'd allow 3 eggs per person. Add some salt and pepper.

Chop up some rashers of bacon and fry, then set aside.

Heat a little butter in another frying pan and pour in the egg mixture; tilt the pan to spread it out evenly.

When the egg is part-cooked, sprinkle with grated cheese and the chopped bacon and continue to cook until the egg is completely set. Turn over and cook on the other side; fold in half onto a plate to serve.

My husband really enjoyed it; I might have to cook him eggs like this again!



0 comments:

Post a Comment