Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Restaurant review: Oriel, Heathrow Airport

We had an amazing honeymoon in the Galapagos Islands via Miami and Quito, and I plan to review the different places we stayed and ate (and can't resist sharing a few of my photos!). To begin, here's how our journey began....

Flying with Virgin Atlantic to Miami we told the guy on the check in desk it was our honeymoon and when he wrote 'honeymooner' on our boarding card I got really excited, hoping we might get an upgrade... what we actually got was fast-track through security. Which was better than nothing but business class would have been nice- especially as we had paid twice the cost of an economy ticket to sit in premium economy and there was a screaming baby for the entire ten hour flight! Don't get me started with small babies on planes....

At least we had been able to begin our honeymoon in civilised style with an airport breakfast - it was a bit early for champagne but we still wanted to go somewhere nice.

Oriel, a French brasserie, looked posh and offered a full English which is what my husband wanted plus plenty of options for me.

He had the 'Anglais' full English for £8.95 plus an extra sausage for another £1.50; it came with two sausages anyway, bacon, blackpudding, mushrooms, tomato, eggs, fried potatoes and toast - he doesn't eat a few of those items but said it was a really good and filling breakfast.

 
I was tempted by the buttermilk pancakes but thought I might have that in America so went for the eggs benedict (which ironically I ended up having for my first breakfast in America anyway!). Two beautifully poached eggs on an English muffin with Wiltshire ham (this was something of a must having just got married in Wiltshire two days before) with hollandaise sauce. At £7.50 it wasn't badly priced - I'm used to airport breakfasts seeming quite overpriced - and this was extremely good, with fast and friendly service. I'd definitely eat here again next time I'm at terminal 3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment